Fire & smoke damage restoration process in Portland
Professional Disaster Relief & Cleanup Servicing All of Portland
Fire and smoke can be particularly damaging to every component of your home. If your home has suffered a fire, professional help is needed to reverse the effects of both the flames and smoke. Great Western Restoration & Remodeling provides treatment for fire and smoke damage near Portland, as well as mold and mildew removal and storm and wind damage repair.
Restoring Your Home After a Fire
The process of home restoration after a fire takes many steps. From assessing the damage to completing the final fire restoration, your fire damage remediation service will ensure your home is not only safe, but restored to its original condition as well.
- If a fire occurs in your home, the most important step in the fire restoration process is to minimize the damage. Leave your home immediately and contact emergency services to put out the fire.
- After a fire, your home must be inspected to determine the extent of the damage and whether it is safe for you to return. Call a fire restoration company and schedule a full inspection to assess the damage caused by fire and smoke.
- Your homeownersâ insurance may cover the cost of fire restoration in most cases. Once you have an estimate from your home restoration company, call your insurance to find out more.
- During the restoration process, your home must be protected. Your home restoration company may board up damaged windows and doors and cover your roof with a tarp if needed.
- Before restoration can occur, smoke and soot must be removed from the surfaces of your home. This will eliminate not only the visible damage, but the odors left behind by a fire as well.
- All items and surfaces in your home that can be cleaned and repaired will be restored to their previous condition. Any components of your home that are permanently damaged beyond repair will be replaced to ensure safety and eliminate any signs that a fire occurred.
Understanding Fire and Smoke Damage
Fire damage isnât just the damage that occurs when items are physically burned. Smoke is comprised of many different particles: solids, liquids, and gases. These particles are released when the materials in your home burn and often include toxic chemicals or their components. Smoke is not only dangerous when inhaledâit can also permeate surfaces and fabrics, leaving behind damage long after the fire has occurred. Thus, complete home restoration after a fire must also include smoke damage remediation to remove odors and chemicals from your home. Please call Great Western Restoration & Remodeling at (503) 655-4739 for more information about fire and flood home restoration near Portland.