Flood & Water Damage Restoration
20 Years Damage Repair Experience Serving Portland and Pacific Northwest
Flooding after extreme weather events and other incidents can be a dangerous situation that requires immediate professional attention.
If you are in need of a flood damage repair service in Portland, you can always depend on Great Western Renovation. We have been providing our customers with outstanding flood damage restoration services, including flood cleanup and mold removal, for more than 20 years! We understand the importance of acting quickly in order to minimize damage to your house. Ensuring the safety and satisfaction of our customers is our top priority.
Call us today at (503) 655-4739 and learn more about our flood and water damage restoration services.
Floods Risks In Portland
Portland receives an estimated average of 40 inches of rainfall every year, and it is located near the confluence of two major rivers, the Willamette and Clackamas. So it’s no surprise that the Portland area is vulnerable to flooding, primarily overland flooding. This happens when rivers or streams overflow, which can be due to rainwater or even a levee breach. It’s important to know that floods can happen slowly, over time, but flash floods are also a major concern. These sudden, dangerous floods often carry rocks, mud and other debris in their wake.
Water and Floods Damages
When a house is flooded, there are several different types of water damage that a flood restoration service will need to respond to. Here are the most serious ways in which floods can damage your home:
- All of the standing water in your house must be drained and removed. Any water that remains can become a breeding ground for bacteria and mold, making your home’s inhabitants vulnerable to lung disease, pneumonia, and other serious health issues. Bacteria is damage that is often not seen with the naked eye but can pose a serious health risk. Both mold and bacteria pose different health risks and are one of the most important things to ensure are cleaned up correctly.
- Flood water can permanently damage books, electrical appliances, furniture, curtains, and other personal possessions. If allowed to stand, it can also cause drywall to warp and swell, cause metal surfaces to rust, and even damage the structural elements of your house.
- Floods can also leave behind a musty odor in your home. If your home is not treated as soon as possible by a water damage restoration team using professional flood cleanup and mold removal methods, the smell may be very difficult to remove.
It is vital that professionals with extensive water damage restoration experience help in these situations. Without professional help, the important clean up is usually not fully taken care of, and health and home risks can become larger issues.
Common Flood Health Threats
Floodwaters are home to numerous bacteria or diseases that can affect your health. Great Western Restoration & Remodeling will ensure your home is safe after a flood in Portland with comprehensive water mitigation and mold and mildew removal services; call us today at (503) 655-4739 for assistance.
- E. coli, shigella, and salmonella are bacteria that cause abdominal pain, cramps, bleeding, diarrhea, and dehydration.
- Hepatitis A is a viral liver infection that can cause inflammation or disrupt proper functioning of your liver.
- Typhoid fever is a bacterial infection that causes abdominal pain, a high fever, headache, and diarrhea or constipation.
- Tetanus is an incurable bacterial disease that affects your nervous system; it typically causes painful muscle contractions in the jaw and neck.
Contact our water damage restoration team if your home has been impacted by a recent flood, and our water removal and disaster restoration team will be glad to assist you.
Water Damage Restoration Process
After a flood, your home or business needs professional care and water mitigation before it is safe for you to inhabit once more.
Things we can do include:
- Assess the damage
- Find out what needs to be done in order to restore your home
- Communicate with your insurance
- Deliver quality restoration work
The steps of restoration process:
- Contact Emergency Services: If you are in need of help during a flood, contact local emergency services for help. Don’t return to your home until emergency services have cleared the area.
- Home Inspection: Contact a home restoration company as soon as possible to schedule a thorough home inspection to assess the flood damage and develop a customized plan for water damage repair.
- Contact Insurance: Once your home restoration company has a picture of the damage that has occurred, contact your insurance company to determine your coverage and get the cleanup process started.
- Water Removal: Before any repairs can be made, remaining standing water is removed from your home.
- Dry and Dehumidify: Your home restoration company will use fans, dehumidifiers, and other techniques to dry out your home and prevent excess moisture from remaining to cause further damage or mold growth.
- Clean and Sanitize: Floodwaters often contain bacteria and other microorganisms that cause disease. Your home is thoroughly sanitized to remove any organisms that could threaten your health.
- Restoration: The last step in the water mitigation process is the restoration of your home’s structure, surfaces, and your furnishings and other belongings.
If your life has been disrupted by a flood or any other natural disaster, Contact Great Western Restoration’s Water Damage Restoration Team in Portland is here to help!