Water Damage Restoration Process
Home Flooding & Disaster Clean Up Servicing All of Portland
Each year, floods cause billions of dollars in damage across the U.S. Although you cannot stop a flood from occurring, you have a choice when it comes to home restoration after the damage is done. At Great Western Restoration & Remodeling, we specialize in flood and fire restoration in Portland to return your property to like-new condition after a fire, flood, or other disaster.
Steps in the Water Damage Restoration Process
After a flood, your home or business needs professional care and water mitigation before it is safe for you to inhabit once more. Understanding the steps in this process can help you feel more comfortable and confident during home restoration.
- Contact Emergency Services: If you are in need of help during a flood, contact local emergency services for help. Donât return to your home until emergency services have cleared the area.
- Home Inspection: Contact a home restoration company as soon as possible to schedule a thorough home inspection to assess the flood damage and develop a customized plan for water damage repair.
- Contact Insurance: Once your home restoration company has a picture of the damage that has occurred, contact your insurance company to determine your coverage and get the cleanup process started.
- Water Removal: Before any repairs can be made, remaining standing water is removed from your home.
- Dry and Dehumidify: Your home restoration company will use fans, dehumidifiers, and other techniques to dry out your home and prevent excess moisture from remaining to cause further damage or mold growth.
- Clean and Sanitize: Floodwaters often contain bacteria and other microorganisms that cause disease. Your home is thoroughly sanitized to remove any organisms that could threaten your health.
- Restoration: The last step in the water mitigation process is the restoration of your homeâs structure, surfaces, and your furnishings and other belongings.
Common Flood Health Threats
Floodwaters are home to numerous bacteria or diseases that can affect your health. Great Western Restoration & Remodeling will ensure your home is safe after a flood in Portland with comprehensive water mitigation and mold and mildew removal services; call us today at (503) 655-4739 for assistance.
- E. coli, shigella, and salmonella are bacteria that cause abdominal pain, cramps, bleeding, diarrhea, and dehydration.
- Hepatitis A is a viral liver infection that can cause inflammation or disrupt proper functioning of your liver.
- Typhoid fever is a bacterial infection that causes abdominal pain, a high fever, headache, and diarrhea or constipation.
- Tetanus is an incurable bacterial disease that affects your nervous system; it typically causes painful muscle contractions in the jaw and neck.