Storm & Wind Damage in Portland
Hurricane & Tornado Damage Clean Up and Recovery for Properties in the Pacific Northwest
The Pacific Northwest doesnât experience hurricanes and tornados, but those arenât the only types of storms that can cause significant property damage. In fact, isolated rain storms and gusty winds are all it takes to bring a significant amount of storm damage to your home or business. Fortunately, all it takes is one call to Great Western Restoration to have storm and wind damage restoration professionals dispatched to your property to help you regroup, rebuild, and resume your normal routine. We offer 24-hour emergency restoration services, so call us as soon as you discover property damage following a storm.
Our storm damage restoration services are here to help you have some peace of mind during what can be a difficult time.Â Get in touch today to learn more about the effects of hurricanes and our storm damage cleanup services!
Storm And Wind Damage Experts
Heavy rain and strong winds can cause all sorts of damage to your home or business. Regardless of the type or amount of damage, Great Western Restoration will be there to restore your property so you can get your life back to normal quickly. Common examples of storm and wind damage resulting from severe weather include:
- Water Damage – Flash floods are a concern for some homeowners and businesses in certain areas around Portland, but any property can sustain water damage during even the lightest rainstorm if there are weak points in the buildingâs envelope. After flooding, mold and bacteria can grow in certain areas, posing a health risk.
- Roof Damage â One of the primary damage concerns after a windstorm is roof damage. When it is safe to do so following a windstorm, go outside and look for signs of roof damage such as missing shingles or flashing.
- Siding Damage â Strong winds can turn everyday items into dangerous projectiles that can cause significant damage to the siding around your home or business. Great Western Restoration can assess the siding damage and carry out the repairs necessary to make your home or business structurally sound once again.
The Damages that You Canât Spot by Eye
Plenty of property damage is invisible to non-experts. Most homeowners can see the surface issues, like holes in the roof, but more subtle issues, like problems that arise with the foundation or in the walls, aren’t always obvious.
Our team of experts has the experience needed to diagnose issues that come up and to complete the proper wind and storm damage repairs in a timely, affordable manner.
Why you need professionals to take care of storm damage?
When a storm sweeps through your community, you may find yourself afraid, anxious, and unsure of where to turn. You may be worried about the time and energy it will take to pick up debris, identify areas of weakness, and make all necessary repairs. Perhaps youâre even worried about the costs associated with extensive home repairs. Luckily, thatâs where Great Western Restoration comes in.
You can expect the following storm and flood damage services from our team:
- We will assess the structural integrity of your home
- We will assess the extent of the damage
- We will determine the necessary repairs
- We will repair your home – fast!
Itâs important to turn to professionals when thereâs been storm damage because the exterior of your home has many different components that could have been disrupted during a storm. Unless youâre an expert roofer, siding contractor, or electrician, there are likely issues below the surface you wonât notice until itâs too late.
Storm and Wind Damage Prevention Tips For Portland Residents
Although Great Western Restoration is in the storm and wind damage restoration business, we would prefer if you never had to call us. While storm damage is not entirely unavoidable, there are a few things you can do to prevent some of the most common damages that result from heavy rains and strong winds.
- Keep trees properly trimmed to prevent heavy branches from breaking off and falling through your home or business during a storm
- Keep your gutters clear and make sure the downspout is pointed away from your propertyâs foundation
- Be on the lookout for signs of roof damage that can be exacerbated by heavy rains and strong winds, such as loose shingles and damaged flashing
- Make sure the grading around your property slopes down and away to prevent rainwater from pooling and flooding your home or business
- Bring loose outdoor items inside and anchor down heavier items before an anticipated wind storm to prevent them from becoming projectiles during a windstorm
To minimize the stress of dealing with storm and wind damage, call the damage restoration professionals at Great Western Restoration. For 24-hour emergency restoration in Portland, call us at (503) 655-4739.