Effective Wildfire Damage Restoration in Portland
Erasing the damage caused by wildfires from your home or business
Spring and summer in Oregon can be truly magnificent. However, this time of year can also bring about dry conditions and heavy winds that increase the risk of wildfires. If your home or business has sustained damage from a forest fire or wildfire in your area, contact the experts at Great Western Restoration, one of Portland’s leading wildfire damage restoration companies. Our highly skilled service technicians are fully certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration (IICRC) and they are eager to help you restore your property to its former glory. We offer a wide variety of fire restoration services, including smoke damage remediation, soot cleanup, water damage restoration, carpet and upholstery cleaning, and structural repairs. We have the knowledge and skills to do the job right the first time, every time, so you can depend on us for fast, effective results.
Tips for dealing with damage caused by forest fires or wildfires on your property
- Wear an ANSI-approved dust mask and work gloves during cleanup
- Ventilate the home by placing a box fan in an open window to draw out smoke-odor laden air
- Replace ventilation filters
- Wash off the building, sidewalks, driveways, and decks with detergent and fresh water
- Vacuum the ceiling, upper and lower walls, flooring, and upholstery with a HEPA-rated vacuum
- Wash walls, if necessary, to remove smoke film
- Launder or dry clean all clothing, draperies, linens, etc.
For fires that cause moderate to heavy smoke/soot damage, you should consider hiring the wildfire damage restoration professionals at Great Western Restoration.
Comprehensive wildfire damage restoration process
Fire damage can be devastating, but you can restore your home or business to its original condition with a little help from Great Western Restoration. Just give us a call and we’ll start your journey towards full wildfire damage restoration with a comprehensive assessment of your property. After our technicians have determined the extent of fire, smoke, and soot damage, we’ll go over all of the options with you so you’ll know what to expect. Then our team will get down to work.
- Security and damage prevention: We’ll board up missing windows and walls and/or place tarps over damaged roofs to maintain security and prevent further damage.
- Water removal: If any water damage is present, we’ll remove all existing water and thoroughly dry your home using dehumidifiers and air movers.
- Smoke and soot remediation: Using specialized equipment and techniques, our technicians will remove smoke and soot damage from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.
- Clean and sanitize: All restorable items will be fully cleaned and sanitized to pre-fire condition. This process also includes complete odor removal using the latest technology and equipment.
- Restoration: Our team will complete any necessary repairs. Minor repairs may include replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet while major repairs might entail entire room reconstruction.
Wildfire damage restoration may also include an evaluation of the burned area by specially trained professionals who may recommend emergency stabilization treatments.
When it comes to restoring the damage caused by wildfires, Great Western Restoration offers the absolute best services in Portland. Give us a call today for a free estimate!
For first-class wildfire damage restoration services, call our team today!
Why Choose Us?
- Direct Billing & Deductible Assistance
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Immediate Response